Water softeners are great additions to homes who have problems with mineral deposits, which can be fatal to their kitchen appliances and the like due to the mineral buildup, which can also be the cause of corrosion in some fixtures.
Mineral buildup can happen and can be seen in sinks, bathtubs, and the like. You can see it on water spots, as well as on kettles with the white film and the slight awful smell of heavy metals that may be present in your water source.
To fix that problem, you may need a reliable water softener at home. In this article, we are going to review the Hard Water Bullet Poly Triple Action Water Softener and its features, pros, and cons.
Related post: Eddy Water Descaler Electronic Water Softener Review
Here are some of the important features of the Hard Water Bullet Poly Triple Action Water Softener to take note of:
1. Salt-free softening method – the unique thing about this water softener is that it does not make use of any sodium-adding component, contrary to other water softeners out there. It simply uses a filter combination of polyphosphate and a screen.
2. Sediment filter – the sediment filter used in this water softener is rated at 5 microns, which means it can filter out even the smallest sediments from your water source. Having a powerful sediment filter makes a water softener (or any water filter method, for that matter) worth buying since you are supposed to be paying to get your water thoroughly cleaned and filtered from harsh elements.
3. BPA-free plastic housing – the cool thing about this water softener is that its housing is made with BPA-free material so that you can assure that your water won’t get infused with toxic plastic that may affect your overall water quality at home. This also assures that the housing won’t get easily destroyed by extreme water pressure.
4. Warranty period – you can have up to 5 years of warranty on all of its parts and a 6-month guarantee in case you aren’t satisfied with the product.
Pros and Cons
The Hard Water Bullet Poly Triple Action Water Softener does have a couple of advantages and disadvantages, such as the following:
1. It’s salt-free! The great news for this kind of water softener is that it does not make use of sodium, so it doesn’t make your water source salty at all. This is important if you are trying to keep away from excessive salt, which may be bad to our overall health. Other water softeners use salt as their main way of substituting harmful elements to soften your water.
2. It’s easy to replace the filter media. As per instructions from the manufacturer, ordering or looking for replacement filter media is very easy. This can save you a lot of time and effort since some other water softeners may be a bit cumbersome to replace the filter media.
Related post: Best Water Test Kit
3. Keeps the important calcium in your water. Unlike other water softeners, this one gets rid of some parts of calcium but retains the nutritious parts of it, so that you still essentially get calcium from your water all in all.
- Calcium is important and is needed by our bodies to help us become strong and keep our bones healthy, as well as to keep our immune system steady. Therefore, it shouldn’t be flushed out from your water source.
4. It’s easy to install anywhere. As long as you keep it in a place that has just the right temperature (not freezing temperature), the salt-free water softener is going to do just fine and will be a breeze to install – just follow the instruction manual!
5. No guesswork on water pressure. The water softener doesn’t require you to get a water pressure calculator or meter, so you don’t have to do the math in calculating your average cubic feet in order to convert your regular water into softened water.
1. It doesn’t remove chloramines and iron. Since it is not really as powerful as other water softeners (mainly because it does not use salt or sodium), it is not known to remove iron and chloramines from your water source.
2. You may need to buy additional connectors. Since the inlets of the water softener are at 1 inch in diameter, you may need to buy separate connectors, which are usually found on most hardware stores, anyway, and is not really a deal breaker.
Overall, we think that the Hard Water Bullet Poly Triple Action Water Softener is a great pick if you want to have a salt-free water softener at home. It might not be the best choice if you want to get rid of iron and chloramines, but it will be ideal if you just want a simple system that is easy to install, salt-free (maintenance-free, for that matter) and can be cheaper than most water softening systems out there.