Are you looking for a water softener alternative? The Eddy Electronic Water Descaler may be a good choice for you because of its unique mechanism that’s different from regular water softeners. In this review, we’ll discuss some of its features, benefits, and its pros and cons.
Features and Benefits
Here are the main features of the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler:
- It’s a salt-free unit. Unlike regular water softeners out there, this one does not require salt to be added so it is less of a hassle to maintain. It is also good for those who want to get rid of or lessen sodium in their diet or daily consumption.
- Installs on any metal or plastic pipe. This water descaler and softener can be easily installed on most types of pipes, provided that they aren’t iron or lead. You can place them on PVC, copper, galvanized and much more.
- Rated for 20 GPG and above. This can help you get a good amount of pressure when you are operating the water softener. The unit will also not alter or weaken your current water pressure at home, which is good for taking a shower or laundering a lot of clothes on a day-to-day basis.
- Works for pipes up to 1.5 inches. Even if you have thick piping in your home plumbing system, you can install this electronic water softener with no problem at all.
- Backed by a 12-month money-back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the product or if you found some damage on the unit, you can return it to the manufacturer for a replacement or your money back.
Pros and Cons
What’s to like and not like about the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler? Here are some of the things we found out:
- Great for a salt alternative. If you are thinking twice on having a water softener at home due to the threat of sodium content (salt), you can try this water softener that only uses electricity without having to add salt. It is a good alternative if you don’t want the chore of adding salt or having sodium in your water supply.
- Retains healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium. Both of these minerals are needed by the body so they need to stay in the water. Unlike other water softeners that soften the water by reducing heavy metals, this one carefully keeps the magnesium and calcium in your water so it may help you to keep these healthy minerals, especially for drinking water.
- Works on various types of water pipes. You can use it on PVC, galvanized pipes, copper, and much more. The only pipes it doesn’t work on are iron and lead pipes. This is a good feature since some water softeners may require a more complicated or meticulous setup.
- Doesn’t consume a lot of electricity. At only 5 watts of power, which is similar to the wattage of a night light, it can save you on its power consumption. Even if it is electronic, it’s not as power-hungry as other water softeners out there so it can be a great alternative and eco-friendly solution as well.
- Ideal for places with water softener bans. There are certain communities and places around the world that has put a band on privately-owned water softeners. The main reason for this is usually due to its salt content. Since this water softener uses no salt, it is a way for you to use a water softener unit without getting complaints from the authorities.
- Does not alter actual water hardness. The manufacturer did clearly say that it doesn’t actually reduce the TDS or total dissolved solids in water. Since it does not get in direct contact with your water source directly, as it only functions through the pipes, it is more of a water softening emulator.
- May not work as well as other water softeners. Since it is still a new technology and does not really directly touch your water source, it may not work well as the salt-based water softeners out there. This may not be the choice if you want to use something for heavy-duty purposes such as for a large house or a commercial space, such as a laundry shop.
To conclude, the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler is still a worthy water softener to try. Its technology might be different and newer to the traditional ones, and it may not match the power of such salt-based units, but it definitely works as a water softener if you just want to get the job done.
A good advantage is that it’s salt-free so it lessens your maintenance work and sodium consumption. We hope this review of the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler Electronic Water Softener helped you in your buying decision!