Alkaline water has been praised by many because of its claimed benefits for human health. However, do you really need alkaline water by processing it using a water ionizer? In this article, we break down the facts about alkaline water ionizers, how they work, and why you may need them in your everyday life.
What Is Alkaline Water Ionizer?
- 0.1 What Is Alkaline Water Ionizer?
- 0.2 How Does a Water Ionizer Work?
- 0.3 Why you need an alkaline water ionizer
- 1 Best Alkaline Water Ionizer
- 1.1 Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7.0
- 1.2 Bawell Water Ionizer Filter Systems
- 1.3 Pure Hydration Next Generation Antioxidant Water Ionizer
- 1.4 Life Water Ionizer Next Generation M11
- 1.5 Tyent UCE-11 Under Counter Water Ionizer
- 1.6 Life Ionizer MXL-7 Countertop Water Ionizer
- 1.7 Intel Gadgets Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- 2 Conclusion
It is a simple home appliance that converts regular, usually more acidic water, into alkaline water. The pH level or pH scale is the scale by which any liquid substance is measured for its acidity or alkalinity. Electrolysis is the process by which water is processed to convert acidic water into alkaline water.
One of the main claimed benefits of alkaline water is the fact that acidic water can sometimes make your stomach more prone to ulcers and/or tummy aches. Acidic water, therefore, could be converted into alkaline water by raising its pH level so that it will be deemed safe to drink for those with sensitive stomachs to acidic water.
How Does a Water Ionizer Work?
The water ionizer uses a chemical process known as electrolysis. Its job is to separate hydrogen and oxygen so that the end result would be higher pH water due to its hydroxide levels.
Why you need an alkaline water ionizer
There are many benefits to alkaline water, as claimed by its proponents, such as the following:
- It may slow aging for humans. Due to the presence of anti-oxidants, you may find yourself aging slower so it’s a good choice if you want to live longer and healthier. Many antioxidants are also present in different healthy drinks such as tea, which is good for detoxifying or cleansing your inner body as well from excessive eating.
- Your immune system will become stronger. Because of its antioxidants and other benefits, it will also boost your immunity against various sicknesses. Having a strong immune system is good for kids as well as the elderly, and it will reduce your hospital and medical bills in the long run.
- It’s good for the skin. Simply put, drinking water does wonders for your skin, but alkaline water’s detoxifying properties is probably much better for your skin’s health other than hydration.
- You may resist most types of cancer. Because of your overall health, you will less likely have any kind of cancer or progressive disease that may wreck your body’s condition and render you unable to work, study, or do anything else that you want in life.
- The likelihood of colon diseases will decrease. Good news for those with colon cancer family histories – drinking alkaline water may improve your body’s colon cleansing in general.
- It may keep your body in shape. Together with proper exercise and a good diet plan, drinking alkaline water can help you shed some excess fats from your body.
Best Alkaline Water Ionizer
In line with the importance of alkaline water, we’d like to suggest these handpicked alkaline water ionizers just for you:
As a unit that can produce a pH 4.5 to 11.0 level of alkaline water, this one is a water ionizer that has a self-cleaning mode, which makes it less of maintenance. It does this using its reverse polarity feature every 10.5 gallons of water used or filtered. With its OPR range of +600 to -750mV, this unit is easy to control with its intuitive LCD that can be easily seen even in dark rooms.
The controls also have simple presets that you can use for hassle-free ionizing of drinking water – perfect for grandma or grandpa. Its activated carbon water filter can purify over 1,585 gallons of water and its lifespan is about 1 year or so, depending on your frequency of usage. Its 7 platinum coated titanium plates can also help the system last for many years to come.
Related post: Best Faucet Water Filter
This machine also has easy controls on its electrolysis settings with a range of pH 2 to 12 and a range of +600 to -800 on its ORP. It only requires about 30 seconds to convert acidic water into alkaline water with its constant water pressure of 20 PSI. Because it has dual filters, it will be able to filter out your water much more effectively, both with a lifespan of 5,000 liters per change.
There is also a voice prompt that will automatically notify you when you need to change the 2-stage filter system, so you can save time in having to check and disassemble the unit again and again. It’s also easy to replace the filter with the included instructions. If you need a simple countertop model for an ionizer machine, this is something that will do the job just fine.
Related post: Best Countertop Water Filter
Made with a stylish design, this one is unique for the infrared sensor that allows you to turn it on and off from a short distance, which eliminates the need to touch the unit more often to make it last longer. It can give you alkaline water from 9 to 9.5 pH levels with its molecular hydrogen and ultra-filtration method. It has a rating of -400mv to -700mv for its ORP range and it has a flow rate of 2.1 liters per minute.
The filter is just right for a family of four and can be replaced after an average use of 2,300 liters or a 6-month use. Its LED light alerts can also inform you when to change your filters. Other than ionizing your water and making it alkaline, it also adds essential minerals and antioxidants to the mix to make your drinking water healthier. The filter cartridges are also easy to install due to the dual side entry design. You can use it for either under-sink or countertop setups.
Perfect for use in countertop setups, this one has 800 watts of alkaline-converting power and has a 1.7 – 12.0 pH Range, which is pretty good for a water ionizer. It has a rating of up to -900 ORP so it has more potential to make your drinking water source become a better antioxidant. Many customers who have used it and tested it also found out that it reduces pesticides and herbicides that could be present from their water source.
It uses molecular hydrogen XL technology for its ionizing method and its durable plates are made from titanium cores so it’s a good investment. The sleek design will be a nice match for most kitchens and the single-touch controls might be ideal for those who want less fuss in operating kitchen equipment.
If you prefer something that sits under your counter or sink, this one is probably a good choice for you. Its lead-free and BPA-free materials ensure safe water treatment while its 11 platinum plates help to make the unit last longer. It uses dual ultrafiltration for its method with a range of 2 to 12 pH levels.
This water ionizer is not only FDA-approved and UL listed but it also has a sleek design for most kitchens needing an under-counter water filter system. It also has an interactive touch screen that is easy to use and set up while its two filters inside are quite powerful yet are simple to replace. A lifetime warranty is also given to this unit when you buy it from the manufacturer.
Related post: Best Under Sink Water Filter
A slightly different (and cheaper alternative) unit to the one we’ve reviewed earlier, this one also makes the use of Molecular Hydrogen XL technology in its ionizing properties and it uses 450 watts of power to convert your acidic water into alkaline. With its sleek design that’s great for most modern kitchen countertops, it has a range of 2.5 to 11 pH levels and has an ORP of up to -703mv.
Having a flow rate of 6 liters per minute, you can also have it converted for an under-counter unit due to its portable design. Its platinum-coated titanium plates also add to the unit’s durability.
This water ionizer has 7 settings for your preferred water pH value using its control panel – perfect for those who don’t want something that’s too acidic or too alkaline. With an ORP value of -850mv, this unit has a pH value range of 4.5 to 11 so it’s pretty much a good match to other alkaline water ionizers we’ve reviewed thus far.
This one also has a soft button control panel to make it easy to operate even for the seniors. Its 10-second cleaning mode is also convenient to keep the machine running in tip-top shape. Its ceramic ion-membrane is also safe against high-temperature fluctuations and won’t ruin your water quality.
As a whole, alkaline water ionizers can be beneficial for the body, and it is especially good if you or your family members have high sensitivity against acidic water. Alkaline water may not be completely scientifically proven on its benefits, but it’s surely a better alternative to acidic water sources for drinking and consumption.