If you are looking for a good RO or reverse osmosis system to filter your water source, you might consider the APEC ROES-50 Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System due to its numerous benefits and features. In this article, we’ll have a look at them, as well as what makes this RO system stand out from the rest.
Features and Benefits
Here are some of the features of the APEC ROES-50 Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System:
- APEC carbon blocks – these dual carbon blocks are great for blocking chemicals, chlorine, and other harmful contaminants in drinking water. They are both very large to accommodate longer use. Carbon is a common filter type that can be seen in most water filter systems. They are usually more powerful than other types of filters out there.
- Leak-free fittings – with its o-ring and stainless steel teeth, you will have less likelihood of leak problems with this RO system. In fact, you don’t need to have a leak detector installed in your plumbing system at all with this setup.
- Filtering capability – this RO system is able to work up to 50 gallons per day at 60 PSI with its filtering capability. It also has a max total dissolved solids rating of 2,000 PPM and works from 40 to 85 PSI of water pressure. In terms of water alkalinity, it is able to take water from pH level 2.0 to 11.0 to help you get rid of acidity in water.
Having a powerful capability of filtering is important for any RO system since you are paying much more for it than you would if you buy a smaller water filter pitcher of a cheaper price. RO systems usually have much better filtering capacity since they are intended for heavy-duty use.
Related post: Best Water Test Kit
- FDA-approved – its included tubing are all FDA-certified JG Food grade to make sure your water won’t be contaminated with any kind of chemicals from plastics and the like. Because the water output of an RO system is intended to be drinking water, it should be filtered in a clean and contaminant-free system.
- Warranty period – the unit is backed by a 2-year extended manufacturer warranty to give you a peace of mind when you register the product. With RO systems, you never know what can go wrong, since it is quite an expensive product as compared to simple filter pitchers. This is why you should look for a reliable warranty period from the manufacturer.
Pros and Cons
Like all RO systems, the APEC ROES-50 Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System has its share of pros and cons, such as the following:
- Great tasting water – like most RO systems, it eliminates most contaminants from your water sources, such as heavy metals, fluoride, bad bacteria, viruses, chlorine, arsenic, and much more. In fact, many customers who have tried and tested this RO system noted that the water produced is very superb in taste and quality.
Related post: Best Countertop Water Filter
- All DIY installation tools included – you don’t have to look for different fittings and the like to install this RO system in your home kitchen since it includes everything you need for installation. It also has a user manual that you can follow.
- Compact design – the size of the RO system is not very invasive and obtrusive to most kitchen countertops and spaces. Therefore, it would be a good choice if your kitchen doesn’t have a lot of luxury for space.
- Well-known brand – APEC is quite a known name in terms of water filtering in America. Therefore, it has an advantage over other filter systems since they have been in the business for 20 years or so and they know what makes an RO system work well.
- Leak-free fittings – the fittings included in this RO system requires no leak detector or extra clipping so you can install it without much plumbing knowledge. They are all backed with a leak-proof seal and o-rings.
- May require a special tool – if you want to install this RO system in your countertop, you may want to have a hole saw to do it.
- Under-sink installation challenges – like most RO systems, you need to lie down on your back in order to install this thing under your sink, which usually means you have to work between drains in a dirty and cramped room or cabinet.
To conclude, the APEC ROES-50 Top Tier 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System is definitely a considerable RO system if you want something compact and ready for DIY installation. Its cons are only the same cons for most RO systems due to its system usually being an under-sink design, but if you get past that, you will most likely get quality filtered water with the ease of operation. We hope you liked our review of the APEC Reverse Osmosis system!