There’s always something about distilled water that makes it safe for the whole family. In this article, we are going to give you the insights about home water distillation, why it’s important, and why you should get such a system for your home.
Why You Need A Home Water Distiller
- 1 Best Home Water Distiller
- 1.1 Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
- 1.2 H2oLabs Best-In-Class Stainless Steel Water Distiller
- 1.3 Mophorn Countertop Pure Water Distillation Purifier
- 1.4 Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Distiller
- 1.5 CO-Z 4 Liter Water Distiller
- 1.6 Waterwise 3200 water distiller
- 1.7 CNC shop Water Distiller Water Distillation Purifier
- 1.8 H2o Labs Most Convenient Water Distiller
- 1.9 ROVSUN zokop 4Liter Countertop Water Distiller
- 2 Conclusion
So why exactly should you invest in a home water distiller? Well, here are some of its benefits:
- Removes nitrates from water. Nitrites are compounds that can be harmful to kids and the elderly with sensitive stomachs. They are usually present in most residential water sources and can be filtered out with the use of a distillation process. Nitrites, when they build up, have a bad effect on their health.
- Removes heavy metals like barium and copper. Trace heavy metals such as these are not needed by the body and are considered waste from the wastewater of certain factories and companies that put them in the open water. This is important to remove and filter out to keep your bodies healthy.
- Removes microorganisms. These microorganisms can cause stomach aches and if they are boiled using the distillation method, they can be safe to drink and consume, especially for children, adults, and elderly who have sensitive tummies.
- Removes chlorine. As a water treatment chemical, it is also not needed by the body after cleaning the majority of the bacteria in our water sources. Chlorine is a non-selective bacteria killer and can damage our good bacteria inside of our bodies.
- It can save you a lot of water bottles. Many distilled drinking water bottles can be expensive, and buying a lot in bulk can contribute to plastic wastes. Why not save a lot of money in the long run and buy yourself a water distiller at home if you always need it?
Best Home Water Distiller
Here are some of our picks for the best home water distillers:
As a countertop water distiller for home use, this one is UL certified so it is going to be safe with its components. It is capable of distilling 1 gallon every 5.5 hours and it has an optimum temperature of 212 degrees Fahrenheit for distillation and removing harmful chemicals. There are a total of 6 filters that you can choose for this water distiller, which include activated charcoal that’s always been used for purifying water from contaminants in the last years.
Don’t worry about corrosion; the 304 stainless steel interior will protect it from such. It has a porcelain lined nozzle for easy pouring as well and its glass collection bottle looks very stylish and yet durable to withstand hot temperatures. There are also optional filters included in the package for other stuff like VOCs.
Related post: Best Countertop Water Filter
Also made with a stylish glass carafe, this distiller system is also easy to pour out due to the porcelain nozzle insert to create less mess in the kitchen. It is also good for VOC removal due to its filtering media included (6 filters are in the package). Its inner condensing coil is 100% 304 Grade Stainless Steel so it will not rust and it will keep your drinking water safe.
Its 565 Watt heating element also has the right size that does not take up a lot of space for the water. The heating element heats just right so that it does not rapidly create a mix with existing VOCs in the water.
Including a handle, this one may be used for when you like to rearrange stuff at home all the time (or when you live in an RV at the moment). Rated at 750 watts, this 4-liter capacity distillation and purifier for water sources are to be used at 110V 60Hz systems. It has a capacity of 1 liter per hour of distillation and weighs only roughly 10 lbs.
Made with a BPA-free plastic container, along with its included accessories are an anti-leak catheter, an aluminum fan to cool its components, a water inlet-outlet combination, a condensing coil made of quality stainless steel, and an inner tank made from 304 stainless steel inner tank. Its inner cap is also set to protect the water’s purity when it’s released.
As a simple distiller for any kitchen countertop, this one requires no installation so it is probably best for those who are new to water distilling at home. It does not come in contact with plastic so it will protect your family against VOCs from plastic. The result is a high-purity vapor distilled water source when you use this distiller for your water source.
Its usage is 800 watts and it takes roughly about 3 hours to boil a 1-gallon supply of water, which is good for getting a large batch for a medium to large-sized family. It has a carbon filter that does the job well, other than boiling it so that you can purify your water source further. Its condenser tube is also made from copper and is quite durable.
Made with a 50Hz 750W heating element, this one is capable of distilling 1/4 gallon per hour, which is enough for most small to medium families that need something to remove VOCs, harmful solids, bacteria, and the like from their water. It is able to distill up to 6 gallons a day with this kind of capacity. It only works in 110V systems, however.
It is made with quality stainless steel and the plastics won’t melt due to their adherence to high temperatures. The filter doesn’t need to be replaced because of its design. As an FDA-approved distilling machine that can be used at home, it has a burnout safety feature to prevent accidental fires due to its 300-degree limit. It is backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
This water distiller is capable of 800 watts of power, which is much more powerful than some of the other brands and models that we reviewed here. It is able to distill 1 gallon in 4 hours or equivalent to 6 gallons per day. Rated for use in 120V 60Hz systems, this one can be easily plugged into your average power outlet for ease of setup.
Among the different heavy metals and contaminants that it can remove are sodium, mercury, nitrates, sulfate, fluoride, viruses, trihalomethane, copper, chloroform, chlorine, chloride, bacteria, arsenic, and aluminum. To prevent over-usage and accidents, it has an automatic shut-off feature after one gallon has been produced – which can also help you to save energy consumption. It also has a no-drip system that allows you to serve without the excessive mess in the kitchen.
As a distiller and purifier for water sources, this one has a volume of 4 liters in capacity and is able to distill up to 1 liter per hour, which is the capability of most home distillation methods, anyway. It has a max operating temperature of 160 degrees Celsius, in which it automatically shuts off to prevent burnout and accidents at home.
You can also use this purifier and distiller in an office other than at home, as well as on an RV or camper. With 750 watts of power, it is compatible with 110VAC 60Hz systems. It also comes with a chamber cleaning powder for ease of maintenance. Among the chemicals it can remove from your water are fluoride and chlorine. All-Stainless steel construction has been used for the inside condenser coil.
With an easy-fill reservoir, this one has a refill and reset LED indicator to let you know when it’s done boiling or distilling the water. In about 5 hours, you can produce 1 gallon of purely distilled water, which translates to 4 gallons a day.
It is rated for 110 to 120 volts systems and it has an eco-friendly mode without making it complicated to use. The holding tank has a continuous water feed valve for easy refilling. It also has a modern design that fits most kitchen countertops.
As a water distiller that has a shockproof and heat-resistant glass carafe, this one is rated at 1 liter per hour for its capacity of distillation and it has a power of 750 watts. It is FDA-approved with all of its parts and has a stylish design that fits well on most kitchen countertops.
Cleaning up is a breeze because it does not require you to replace dirty filter cartridges – you can just open the inner parts for cleaning. It runs on low noise so it is good for when you have babies in the house. The distillation system includes 3 activated charcoal sheets to improve the filtering process.
To wrap it up, a home water distiller is a good long-term solution for the environment as well as for people with sensitive tummies who want a pure and safe drinking water source. We hope you liked our top picks for the best home water distiller!