Baking potatoes could be an exciting thing to do, right? And with the idea that toaster ovens are capable of baking almost anything, using the said equipment in baking potato is of great choice. You could bake numbers of potatoes at a time wherein there is just a need for you to put the potatoes in place that they are not to touch one another.
Once you have the said equipment, toaster oven, you could save yourself from effort and time of heating up into a giant oven and might also heat up the entire kitchen as well. And if you plan to bake a potato in a toaster oven, just be guided with the proper steps on how to do the baking.
STEPS to bake a potato in a toaster oven
- First, wash the potato under running water. You could use vegetable brush and also there is a need to make sure to remove the particles of soil from the potato. Towels could be used to dry the potato.
- Create vent holes. Just lay potato into the counter, hold firmly along with a hand and poke it with fork within several places. Turn the potato over and then poke it into several places into the other side.
- Now it’s time to bake the potato. Place the potato directly into the rack of the toaster oven. And bake it at 400 degrees for almost an hour.
- You must check the potatoes for doneness. With the use of pot holder, carefully remove the potato from the toaster oven. Try to test by inserting the fork. Once the potato is done, the fork might easily go into the potato. Once you experience resistance as you insert the fork, you must put the potato back in the toaster oven for another ten or fifteen minutes then after that test again.
- Once the potato is done, poke the fork on the top of it for many times in order to allow steam for escaping. This would make the potato fluffy and dry which is considered as perfect consistency with regards to baked potato.
Those are among the steps that you should follow if you are to bake potato in a toaster oven.
TIPS How to bake a potato in a toaster oven
Along with the steps to be followed, consider the following tips as well:
- You could also try wrapping the potato with a foil for it not to be burnt and also to improve cooking time. You might as well add spice and butter during the final steps of cooking.
- If you want, you could bake the potatoes in quarters, halves or slices compared with baking it as a whole.
- If you are into baked potatoes along with skin intact then try not to poke small holes rather create big opening into the skin through making letter X on its top.
- Try to top it with different condiments such as butter, cheese, yogurt, sour cream and more.
Remember also that baked potatoes must be cooked ahead of time and should be heated only before serving.