Both convection oven and toaster oven are providing advantages and benefits for most users. It’s just there are certain factors or features, which make tem different from each other. If you are to look for which is better, you need to check first on the thing that a convection or toaster oven could offer and give you for you to know which you think will be best for you.
Convection Oven vs. Toaster Oven
A convection oven works by means of using a fan that forces the hot air around inside, which helps in producing an evenly cooked food. It comes in wide range. You can buy this product as a fixed appliance in your kitchen or you can prefer purchasing portable type that sits on your countertop.
A toaster even has its heating element at both the top and bottom in order to make the toast cooked from both sides. Basic models of toaster oven are indeed useful if you want to heat up a pizza, warm leftovers or other type of pre-made snack.
It is often your personal preference, which makes you, decides and says that convection or toaster is better than the other is. When it comes to difference, it is all about the fan. Toaster oven is more versatile than a convection but much smaller than a convection oven.
To learn the difference between oven models will surely help you in deciding which will be the best for your cooking habits. Here are some of features or factors that make each model from each other.
How do Convection Oven Differ from Toaster Oven
Efficiency and Space
- When warming foods, toaster is more useful for a convection toaster is too big especially when warming muffins, croissants and thick bagels. Toaster oven is also more energy-efficient as compare to a built-in convection oven for tasks such as warming up pizza slices and energy-efficient.
- Convection toaster does not take up lot of counter as compare to toaster oven as it is usually built into your kitchen counter. It even cooks food faster.
- Through the fan assistance of convection ovens, they can heat food more evenly. On the other hand, toaster oven would tend to heat the food unevenly since the heating elements are only for inches from the food.
Cooking Time Adjustments
- A convection oven helps in retaining juices of meat and help in making chicken skin brown quickly. When using this type of oven, you need to reduce the temperature as well as the cooking time.
- However, cooking for smaller cooking jobs that needs to be heated or warmed quickly, convection ovens might not be convenient. It will just result to more energy and time consumption using the main oven.
Whichever oven models you choose, it’s up to you! Just take into considerations several factors such as the space, capacity and time needed for your cooking routines. Take time to consider the above differences and features both convection oven and toaster provides, and you will definitely have the right oven you need.