Not all people are familiar with spiral slicer and how they are going to use it. This is possible because of fear to use this that might cause great trouble on their part if they consider utilizing it. Due to this perception, they failed to experience the best that spiral slicer has to offer with them.
But it is an assurance for everyone that this cutting tool is very simple and easy to use. You may secure the slicer in order to prepare the working surface thru pressing down every corner. You may attach 1 side of fruit or vegetable to a small circular corer on blade plate. This will gently press the prong onto its opposite end. You may consider using your one hand in order to push the handled lever while you simultaneously turn its crank handle with your other hand.
Your fruit or vegetable may have a measurement of 7 inches thick and 10 inches long. It must have been at least ½ inches thick regarding its diameter. The suggested fruits and vegetables that you can use are carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes, cucumbers and apples. You may also consider making long ribbons made from radishes and cucumber for salads, apple spirals for apple slaw, using the straight blade for sweet potato or sweet potatoes for curly sweet potato fries and sweet potato chips.
The spiral slicer is also very easy to disassemble while washing thru the use of warm water with mild kind of detergent. You may also place it on upper rack of the dishwasher. The blades may be washed and remove similarly. You just need to be cautious as you wash the blades because these are sharp and you should not directly touch it.
Additional tips for using spiral slicer:
- Be sure that the feet are firmly suctioned thru an assurance of obtaining a dry counter or table surface.
- Select vegetables that have at least ½ inches in diameter.
- Obtain a chopstick or any other narrow, long tool at your side in order to remove any of the remaining fruit or vegetable matter that get stuck in its core of cutting blade.
- Choose vegetables that are considered to be relatively straight. Be sure that you are trimming enough off its ends of fruit or vegetable in order to secure for firm hold onto its prongs.
- While in use, it is important to remove the stored blades as juices and remnants from the sliced food because this might lead to dirt.
Spiral slicer may sound new to some people that can be a barrier to fully using this when they decide to cook. But, with the aid of the above ways as well as tips on using this slicing tool, everyone will surely find this amazingly good that will create the new eating experience.
All people will surely find this very easy to use that will give them another reason to enjoy in preparing foods with their family and during special occasions.