Safety and Maintenance Tips for Rice Cooker
Rice cookers are one of the essential kitchen appliances especially for individuals living a busy lifestyle. Rice cooker can perfectly cook rice without really consuming lots of time. Individuals can even use their rice cookers in preparing other ingredients and foods aside from rice.
To fully maximize the benefits of a rice cooker, individuals need to realize the significance of knowing maintenance and safety tips about this important kitchen appliance.
To ensure your safety when using your rice cooker, follow these safety tips:
- Read instructions on how to use your rice cooker properly.
- Avoid touching the hot surfaces of your stove using your bare hands. You can use protective gloves instead.
- When using your rice cooker, place it on a stable and flat surface.
- Do not allow your device to immerse into the water.
- Do not plug your rice cooker when it is not yet ready to cook.
- Disconnect the device properly when not in use.
- Keep your face and hands away from the rice cooker when removing its cover to get rid of steam burns.
Using this home appliance for outdoor purposes is not advisable. If you found out that the power cord of your rice cooker breaks, do not use it. As much as possible, have the broken cable replaced by an expert technician. You can also contact your rice cooker’s customer support and have the cables properly replaced by their authorized agent.
Rice cookers are sturdy and functional kitchen appliance. As long as this home appliance maintains properly, you can expect it to last for decades. To maintaining the rice cooker’s top shape, the following are highly recommended:
- Disconnect the rice cooker from the power source before cleaning it.
- Allow the appliance to cool before cleaning it.
- Use soapy and warm water when washing the inner bowl.
- You can also use the mild dishwasher to clean your rice cooker. Avoid using dishwashing detergent as this may trigger discoloration on the pot.
- Get rid of using harsh and abusive cleaners in the non-stick coating.
- Rinse properly and allow the bowl to dry thoroughly. Make sure that the bowl is completely dry when you put it back into the base.
- When cleaning the exterior, it would be best to use clean and damp cloth.
- Clean heating plate thoroughly before using it.
- Food debris can interfere with the process of cooking so make sure that your rice cooker cleans thoroughly.
- Do not use the
Additional Tips on How to Properly Take Care of Your Rice Cooker’s Cover
When cleaning or washing your cooker’s cover make sure to let it cool down first before your wash it. It is helpful if you have glass cover because this saves the glass from breaking. It is also advised to use the right cleaning pads to avoid weakening or breaking the glass. Also, you need to avoid using shard or hard utensils in scraping the cooker’s glass cover. Use only the remover which manufacturer recommends.
It is important to follow these safety and maintenance tips to maintain the top condition of your rice cooker and at the same time, avoid personal injuries.