One of the most eaten foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner is meat. Whether a person enjoys a link sausage for breakfast, a chicken sandwich for lunch or a stew for dinner, there are a plethora of possibilities for a great meal. When it comes to the best meat grinder, it is possible to add even more variety to your diet. We will share with you on what to look out for when buying a grinder along with our in depth meat grinder reviews.
Top 5 Meat Grinder Reviews
- 1 Top 5 Meat Grinder Reviews
- 2 Tips for Choosing the Best Meat Grinder
- 3 The 3 Types of Meat Grinder
- 4 Benefits of Using a Meat Grinder
- 5 On a Final Note
The top grinders on the market can grind chicken, beef and other meats with ease. You can even grind cheeses or make breadcrumbs in many of the grinders offered. Let’s take a look at the top 5 meat grinders on the market.
A powerful, yet affordable meat grinder. The Sunmile 1HP is a stainless steel meat grinder that is powered by electric and comes with 800 watts of max power to grind meat quickly and efficiently.
Rated at 400W, but capable of producing 800W of power, users can grind up to 170 pounds of meat in just one hour.
The capacity tray is able to hold a lot of meat and is made out of easy-to-clean stainless steel. Users can get started with this grinder right out of the box and there are no intricate instructions that need to be followed. With one single button used for operating, users are able to grind meat within minutes of unwrapping this model.
There is a reverse function included for times when the grinder may get stuck, and there is even a circuit breaker lockout so that you never have to worry about burning out your motor.
The details are in the design with this model. The gear design and enclosure ensure that ventilation is abundant and that internal parts never become damaged from excess heat. The noise and vibration levels are always kept to a minimum as well, making grinding a simple yet pleasurable experience.
First-time users will have everything they need to grind meat, including:
- A cutting blade.
- A full set of cutting plates.
- A kubbe attachment.
- Plastic food pusher.
- 1 set of sausage attachments.
This is enough for users to start grinding meat in an instant. The Sunmile 1HP SM-G33 is the perfect choice for families that want to grind their meat and enjoy fresh sausages or ground meat at any time. Cleaning is simple, the attachments are high quality and the motor is very powerful. Whether you are a hunter that needs to grind their latest kill or a cook that likes to prepare their own meat, this is the grinder for you.
The Sunmile 1.3HP packs a lot of power into an easy-to-clean and intuitive meat grinder. With a max locked power of 1000W and the ability to grind 200 pounds of meat in one hour, this model should suffice for any home user.
The power of a meat grinder is paramount to the user. This model is able to produce a locked power of 1000W and is rated at 350W. Effortless grinding at a rate of 200 pounds of meat per hour is what this grinder provides.
Never tried to grind your own meat before? The 1.3HP is so simple to use that you will be mad that you haven’t tried grinding your own meat before. There are four main functions that include:
Users can simply start grinding, reset the grinder if a problem arises, or users can reverse the grinder to help cut tougher meat that may get stuck in the machine.
The smart design by Sunmile allows the 1.3HP to be cleaned quickly and easily. After a long day of meat grinding, users simply do not want to spend hours on end cleaning. The gear box is metal, which reduces noise and is ultra-easy to clean. The aluminum tube is detachable to allow for easy cleaning and everything comes apart with ease.
An Abundance of Accessories
There are a slew of accessories that come with this model to make meat grinding even easier. The following is included:
- Stainless steel cutting blade.
- 3 cutting plates.
- 1 Kubbe attachment set.
- A 3 type sausage attachment.
- Plastic food pusher.
No expense was spared in making the 1.3HP. The added attachments are simply a bonus from a company that truly knows how to treat their customers. This model is UL certified and comes with a 1-year warranty.
While not commercial grade, this is a great grinder that can be used for small and large families alike. You can easily grind pork or make sausages, hamburgers and kielbasa with ease. With more power and meat grinding capacity than the 1HP, the Sunmile 1.3 is ideal for moderate users that want to grind meat regularly.
Power, affordability and quality is what the Sunmile 1.6HP offers. This model is rated better than our previous Sunmile meat grinder reviews for one simple reason: Power. While the meat grinding capacity is slightly less than the 1.3HP, this model still packs enough power for large meat grinding needs.
Rated at 600W, this meat grinder quickly grinds up to 185 pounds of meat in one hour. A max power of 1000W is given, which means tougher meat can be grinded with virtual ease. This is complemented by the ease-of-use and a large capacity tray that holds the grinded meat with ease and is super easy to clean.
Never fickle with complicated settings again. This model has built-in safety features to ensure that the motor doesn’t burnout and features 3 large buttons that make grinder-use a breeze. On/off, reverse and reset are the only buttons you need to press to start grinding meat instantly. There is a safety switch that can be used if meat gets stuck or something falls into the grinder.
Noise and Ventilation
Heat is the main culprit with meat grinders ceasing. This model features an intuitive ventilation design to expel heat and reduces noise at the same time. Now, users can grind meat without the loud noise or immense heat involved.
Just like the previous Sunmile models, this model comes with all of the necessary accessories to begin grinding today. This include:
- A stainless steel cutting blade.
- 3 cutting plates.
- A full set of kubbe attachments.
- 3 sausage attachments.
- A plastic food pusher.
Everything novices need to begin preparing their own ground meat is included.
Sunmile is known for their immense quality and affordable prices. The 1.6HP is a powerful model that will allow users to grind to their heart’s content and never have to worry about their grinder burning out. Even when grinding tough briskets, this model produces minimal noise and gets the job done with ease. This easy-to-clean, powerful model is a great choice for non-commercial users that want to start grinding meat today.
The STX-3000 TF is the best-selling meat grinder on the market and comes backed with a 4.5 star rating given by over 460 reviewers. Speed controls, 3000 watts of power and 3 cutting blades make this model a fan-favorite and for good reason. The manufacturer also boasts a 99.8 percent satisfaction rating by over 80,000 consumers.
Let’s see what the best-selling model has to offer.
The previous models do not come close to the 3000 watts of peak power that the STX-3000 offers. Users can even control the speed of cutting using the three options: high, low and reverse. There is also a circuit breaker for safety to ensure that the motor never gets too hot.
A sleek white body with stainless steel parts makes this model aesthetically pleasing and very durable. One of the major design features seen is the No. 12 Grinder. This allows for more precise grinding with a 2 and a ½ inch output for ground meat. Three tempered/hardened steel grinding plates are included to ensure the utmost in precision fast grinding.
Cleaning is also easy, but the parts will need to be cleaned by hand and never put into the dishwasher.
Included with this model are numerous extras that make meat grinding even more fluid. This includes:
- Fine, medium and coarse grinding plates.
- 3 cutting blades.
- A 3 piece sausage and kubbe attachment.
STX International is a best-selling brand due to the immense quality that they provide. Furthermore, a 1 year, 100 percent warranty is included. This includes all parts and labor needed to repair your model. The quality, precision grinding and control given to the user is simply unmatched with this model. If you are willing to spend a little more, this is the best choice.
The best of the best. The LEM Products .75 HP model is simply unmatched. While the price tag may be higher, there is simply no denying that this is the best meat grinder on the market. There is even same-day delivery offered and the famed size 12 grinder is present allowing for the utmost in meat grinding.
This model is powered by a 500 watt motor that is capable of grinding up to 360 pounds of meat in just one hour. This is unprecedented for the price and allows this model to be used in the home, or even in a commercial setting.
LEM stands by their products offering a 2-year warranty. Furthermore, every last piece of this grinder comes with the best in quality design. This includes stainless steel housing, metal gears and heavy duty handles all packed into a 47 pound grinder.
The design of this model is fully stainless steel and looks more industrial than other models. However, this is a huge benefit to the owner as stainless steel is very easy to clean and provides a classy look that users will love.
The meat tray is 11.5 x 8.5 x 2.25 inches. This allows for a lot of meat to be fed through the grinder with ease.
When you purchase the LEM W780, you will receive the following:
- Meat stomper.
- Fine and coarse steel plates.
- 3 stuffing tubes with a width of 3/8 – 1 ¼”.
- Big Bite auger.
- Stainless steel knife.
Virtually everything you need to start grinding meat today has been included with this model.
The LEM W780 packs more power and precision than any other model that we listed. This grinder includes a slew of extras, an easy-to-clean design and the durability only seen in commercial-grade grinders. Avid hunters, small restaurants or families who are big on eating meat will not be able to find a better meat grinder than the LEM .75HP.
Tips for Choosing the Best Meat Grinder
When buying a meat grinder, there are a lot of features that need to be assessed to ensure that you buy the best grinder for your needs. This will include the following:
- Choose an Easy-to-clean Model: Cleaning ground meat is a difficult task. Aluminum parts will not be able to be placed in the dishwasher safely. Stainless steel is the best option for cleaning and provides the utmost in sanitation.
- Cutting Plate Sizes: The cutting plates included will make a huge difference in the quality of your finished meat. A cutting size of 1/8” will provide fine ground meat while 1/4” will be coarse.
- Warranties Matter: A poor grinder will have its motor overheat and burnout. When buying a meat grinder, you must ensure a year or more warranty is included.
- Meat-per-hour: If you are buying meat to grind from your local supermarket, the meat-per-hour that can be ground is not an issue. If you are a hunter that likes deer meat, you will want to be able to grind 185 pounds or more of meat per hour.
The 3 Types of Meat Grinder
Most consumers do not know what each meat grinder type is when making a purchase. Finding the best meat grinder requires you to fully understand each meat grinder type.
- Manual Meat Grinder: This is the cheapest option, but only good for small grinding needs. If you only need to grind 2 – 3 pounds of meat at a time, this is the best option.
- Meat Grinder Attachment: The attachments that come with a meat grinder are very important. While some of these attachments can be purchased outside of the manufacturer, some cannot. This will allow you to grind foods other than meat, or refine your meat grinding to your preference.
- Standalone Meat Grinder: When 2 – 3 pounds of meat is not enough, a standalone will be the only option. These are electric meat grinders meant to make the meat grinding process as simple as possible. While standalone models are more expensive than manuals, they are the best choice if you grind meat often.
Benefits of Using a Meat Grinder
- Safer. In most cases, pre – packaged beef is a mixture of hundreds, if not thousands of animals. Grinding your own meat guarantees that the meat includes the best portions and sections. More importantly, this process reduces the chance of contamination.
- Customizable. Users can be creative with their grinding. You can mix beef and chicken to make the perfect sausage or make turkey and beef burgers for a barbeque. This allows for more control of what cut of meat goes into grind as well as how much fat is needed.
- Better Taste. Pre – packaged meat will lose its flavor as a result of sitting in the packaging for a long period of time. Grinding meat at home offers better texture, cleaner and fresher taste.
- Cheaper. Users that grind their own meat save money compared to buying sausage or ground beef. You can even use more of the meat you buy by grinding up scraps that would normally end up in the garbage.
On a Final Note
Meat grinder reviews are just the first step in buying the best meat grinder for your needs. While we have provided you with a list of the top 5 meat grinders on the market, you must decide which model is the best choice is for you. With so many models being very affordable and able to grind over a 100 pounds of meat in an hour, the days of manual grinding are behind you. If you want to get creative with your meat, make your own sausages or simply have an amazing barbeque, a meat grinder is the best option.