- 1 Introduction
- 2 Why Should You Choose a Juicer for Leafy Greens?
- 3 Differentiate the Juicers for Leafy Greens and Other Juicers
- 4 What to Look in a Juicer for Leafy Greens
- 5 Best Juicers for Leafy Greens
- 6 Manual Juicers for Greens – Cheaper Choice
- 7 Conclusion
A juicer is different from a blender for various reasons. For example, juicers operate at a slower speed much to most people’s knowledge. Juicers don’t operate at blender speed – they usually operate around 40 to 100 RPM, with the average of about 80 RPM. This means that it will process the juice slowly but surely, and is also called cold processing or the masticating process.
Why Should You Choose a Juicer for Leafy Greens?
Juicing has been a very good trend nowadays because of its health benefits. Here are some of the best reasons why you should choose a juicer for leafy greens:
1. Absorb all nutrients
When you process leafy greens in a juicer, it will help you absorb all the nutrients from a leafy green and leave nothing behind. Unlike a regular blender, it will make sure that the nutrients are not destroyed or left behind from the leafy green. This is due to the slow rpm or speed of the juicer, as compared to a regular blender.
2. Get the optimal veggie intake
When you process veggies and leafy greens in the juicer, you are taking more veggies than when you chew them on your plate – easier and faster. You will get to eat more veggies a day than you would usually have when you are not turning your leafy greens into juice.
3. Have a diverse veggie diet
This means that you can try more veggies than regular meals you would have. There are more veggies and leafy greens that you can put in the juicer. If you are tired of the same kinds of leafy greens and veggies that you are eating every single day, juicing is a good alternative.
Differentiate the Juicers for Leafy Greens and Other Juicers
Here are the main differences between leafy green juicers and other juicers:
- They make less noise. The cool thing about the juicers like these would be that they make less noise due to their gear configuration. Most of these juicers are meant for leafy greens and are usually at less than 60 dB with their noise levels. This can help you to focus more on your task and cause less noise around the house – especially if you have children and babies sleeping.
- They are usually single gear or dual gear juicers. The number of gears can play an important role in juicing. You don’t have to get one that has many gears because leafy greens can be easily destroyed if the juicer is too fast or too powerful, and we want to preserve the nutrients from the leafy greens with a normal speed that is in the right slowness.
- They have a slower speed. Slow speeds are ideal for cold press and masticating process. This is because the speed will not destroy the nutrients of the veggies or leafy greens.
What to Look in a Juicer for Leafy Greens
Here are the things you need to look for in leafy green juicers:
- It should have a good speed. The speed should be around 80 rpm so that it will not be too fast. When the speed is too fast, it might ruin the quality of your leafy greens overall when you serve it.
- It should be easy to clean. The materials should also durable when you put it in the dishwasher if it is dishwasher-safe.
- The gears and motors should not make too much noise. Having too much noise can potentially become a kitchen nuisance and may also overheat your unit.
- The parts should be BPA-free. This is so that your food will not be contaminated with harmful chemicals and the like.
Best Juicers for Leafy Greens
Here are our top picks for the best juicers for leafy greens:
This slow juicer is multi-purpose such that it can be a cold press juicer and can also process vegetables and the like. It has a good speed of only 80 rpm so that it won’t destroy the nutritional value of the juice extract from vegetables and fruits. The juicer is also quiet and does not make too much noise at only 60 dB or less. It is also BPA-free so it is safe for use in the kitchen and for kids.
You can process leafy greens, hard vegetables, and various other products on this juicer. It also passed UL, ETL and FDA certification for safety purposes. Additionally, there is a 10 years warranty on the motor and a 3-year warranty on the juicer itself.
|· The good noise level of less than 60 dB
· Good speed of only 80 rpm
· BPA-free for safety
· ETL, UL, and FDA certified
· Easy to assemble
|· Plastic components might not be as durable as stainless steel ones|
This juicer has a more durable design because of the metallic parts around it. This makes it ideal for heavy-duty use, such as for commercial use and if you have a store or fruit stand. It can also process leafy greens, wheatgrass, fruits, and vegetables. It also has a constant speed of 80 RPM and is great for its dual stage masticating extraction.
The end cap of this juicer has 5 settings to choose from so you can choose the appropriate type of extraction for your juice product. You can also make baby food and desserts on it. This heavy-duty juicer has a 15-year warranty.
|· Dual-stage masticating extraction
· Metallic body is durable
· Can also make baby food and frozen desserts
· Good speed of 80 rpm
|· Can be a bit bulky to store|
This cold press juicer is good at extraction at 110 rpm so it is ideal for most fruits, veggies, leafy greens and the like. It is also easy to assemble due to the simple parts. It is also coupled with jumbo twin gears for added processing power when you are processing or juicing some fruits or veggies.
It comes with a scraper tool to make the cleaning process simpler. It also comes with various options for accessories to turn it into a pasta maker, salsa maker, making frozen sorbets, nut butter and the like. It is backed by a 12-year warranty as well.
|· Twin gears are made of ceramic and are quite durable
· Has a slow speed of 110 rpm for best juicing
· Easy to assemble
· Comes with homogenizing accessories for salsa and pasta
|· Some parts can be quite a challenge to clean|
This leafy green extractor and the masticating juicer are good for its speed of 80 rpm and 150 watts of power. It also has a metallic finish so it is quite good for most kitchens. It also has a bunch of accessories that you can use for herb processing, grinding coffee, making pasta, nut butter, baby food, frozen desserts, garlic processing and making soy milk.
For the juice extraction, it brings out a very high juice yield that leaves the pulp very dry to get the maximum amount of juice from the fruit or veggie, due to its dual stage motor system. It is also easy to assemble overall due to the simple parts.
|· Has a good speed of 80 rpm
· Quiet with its operation
· Has a metallic finish
· High juice yield
· 4 stabilizing feet to keep it in place when operating
· Also doubles as a food processor
|· A feed could be too small for some larger batches|
This fruit and veggie juicer has a quiet motor when you use it so you won’t disturb the kids. As a cold press juicer, it even has a reverse function, which can be useful for some food items. You can process various leafy greens, apples, oranges, carrots and the like for a healthier lifestyle with leafy green juices.
With a noise level of less than 60 dB, it’s great for the kitchen and does not build up the heat too much, resulting in a better processing for the juice. It has a high juice yield as compared to centrifugal juicers and is easy to clean due to the parts that can be tossed into the dishwasher.
|· Easy to wash using the dishwasher
· The quiet operation of less than 60 dB
· Has a high juice yield
· Does not have a heat buildup
|· The end cap may not be as durable as others when used for heavy-duty purposes|
Yet another great slow juicer, this one is a masticating juice extractor that has a dual blade auger design to make it easier for you to juice anything, such as fruits, veggies, and leafy greens. You can also use the mincing attachment for making frozen sorbets, salsas and any food that needs a homogenizer.
Its motor is quite powerful at 200 watts and the whole thing has a 3-stag reduction gear set so that your food is thoroughly processed. Its chute opening measures 2.5 x 1.5 inches so it will fit most food items there. There’s also a juice cap that can help prevent spillage.
|· Mincing attachment to act as a food homogenizer
· Has a duo-blade auger for faster juicing and food processing
· The slow speed of 47 RPM, ideal for best cold press juicing
· Has a juice cap for preventing spills
|· Might heat up when excessively used for lots of fruits all at once|
This two-stage juicer is yet another great kitchen tool due to its stainless steel parts, which can make it ideal for business use and heavy duty purposes. It has a twin gear design and two stages for better juicing power, especially for industrial demands.
As for fruits, it also handles seeds very well. It is also quite easy to clean – perfect for the busy kitchen person. It has 3HP in its motor and 86 RPM for its speed. You also get 10 years warranty on the parts and the motors.
|· The good juicing speed of 86 RPM
· Heavy duty stainless steel parts
· 2-stage juicing design
· Can handle fruit seeds
|· Could be a bit more expensive|
Manual Juicers for Greens – Cheaper Choice
Here is a cheaper alternative for a juicer for leafy greens:
For those who’d like a manual juicer, this one is for wheatgrass and various leafy greens, such as kale, parsley, spinach and the like. Since it is manual, it gives you the right speed that will keep the nutrients intact. It is also quite easy to clean and is good for a manual masticating process.
|· Manual speed makes it easy to juice without ruining nutrients
· Perfect for various leafy greens
· Easy to clean up
· Quite durable
|· May not be ideal for industrial purposes (for home use only)|
To conclude, leafy greens can be extracted, juiced and properly processed with the right juicer. The speed should not be too high and should be just right to avoid ruining the nutrients and the contents of the juice. It should also, however, be strong enough to extract all the juice and leave all fibers behind from the fruit, veggie or leafy greens.
We hope you enjoyed our list of the different best juicers for leafy greens. They may all be unique from each other when it comes down to materials and their pros and cons, but the endpoint is that all of them work properly with the right usage.