When it comes to choosing the right cookware for your kitchen, stainless-steel cookware is the way to go. However, the dilemma sets in when it comes to choosing which one to go for, given that there are numerous stainless-cookware sets in the market. This article will answer all the questions you might have and guide through to the best stainless cookware set for you and your family
Made in Cookware set
Designed and manufactured in the United States(USA), Made in is taking the steel cookware set market by a huge storm. Made was introduced recently, in 2017, and is implementing a business model geared to reduce the set’s cost for the consumers. This business model is called the Direct-to-consumer model and seeks to eliminate retailers who most certainly hike prices for products.
Made in are selling their stainless steel cookware set only through their online stores. By using this approach, Made in is taking on other premium players who have dominated this market for quite some time by offering quality but cheap sets.
Made In has an amazing set that it offers at a nice discounted rate and refers to the sets as ‘Kits’. All the kits are made of 5-ply professional grade metal which is useful for consistent heating and cooking. Made In are very open and transparent about their products such that consumers can see how the products have been constructed and which materials have been used, which I think instils confidence on its consumers.
Made In offer free continental US shipping and a 100 day risk-free trial for any of the cookware that they offer, for first-time customers.
When it comes to the kitchen sink cookware set made by Made in, you won’t be disappointed at all. It is all you would need in a cookware set. What really stands out about this set is that Made In included both a saucier pan and a saucepan in it. Most premium sets just include saucepans of different sizes but Made in went out of their way to include a saucier pan and at a much lower price than the rest of the premium sets.
- The Made In kitchen sink cookware set is 5-ply grade cookware which is constructed using metals that have been sourced from the United States.
- It has one of a kind stainless steel body that is rust corrosion and rust resistant meaning it will last for a very long time
- The inside layer that faces the food is non-reactive and doesn’t add any metallic taste to your food as you prepare it.
- This set is induction compatible and as a result, works on all stovetops.
- The innermost layers of the 5-ply metal cookware set are made up of aluminium and aluminium alloys which helps in evening out heat, good conductivity and heat retention. These features help you achieve good chars and sears on veggies and especially your meat.
- They have great hollow handles which are cool to handle even after being in the oven.
- They use a great non-stick coating that is proven to last longer than the ones the other premium brands use.
- They are easy to maintain and clean as they are made up of premium metals.
- Given the premium quality of this sets, they are well priced in comparison to other premium sets.
- Have a beautiful design with artistic steel rivets that last for a long time.
- The pans from this cookware set are oven, dishwasher, and grill safe
All-clad stainless-steel cookware set is made by All-clad metal crafters which are a company located in the state of Pennsylvania in the United States. The All-clad cookware is a one of a kind handcrafted cookware, with one of the highest and finest quality. Boasting of a strong social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest), you can engage with them and get to know them and their amazing products better. All-clad stainless steel cookware remains to be the cookware of choice for most chefs and passionate home cooks. All-clad crafters continually innovate and offer new and great culinary products.
This high-quality cookware set is composed of fry pans(8 and 10 inches), saucepans(2-quart and 3-quart covered), sautépan (3-quart covered) and a stockpot with an 8-quart cover.
- It is made up of 5-ply metal composed of aluminium, a thick copper core and a stainless steel which helps in evening out heat throughout your cookware.
- It consists ofan18/10 stainless steel that is highly polished which offers a great resistance and which can be maintained easily.
- The cookware set is made up of long lasting materials meaning that it can last a lifetime. In one of the reviews by a customer, she testifies to have used the cookware for the last 30 years without it ever disappointing! Without saying, this speaks volumes.
- Serves you for a very long time without losing its good qualities.
- It comes with a ‘Guaranteed for life’ warranty
- You could clean the pots with your dishwasher but after doing that use copper polish in order to restore its bright copper finish
- It is one of the most expensive stainless-steel cookware set out there but this is justified by the quality and long lasting service it offers
- They feel heavier than other stainless-steel cookware sets.
Cuisinart is a popular company known all over the world for the top quality and innovative products it offers. It is owned by Conair Corporation. They constantly release products very useful in the kitchen and have done so perfectly in the last few decades since their establishment. In order to keep up with their latest products, you could follow them on their various social media handles(Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube).
With the latest features and technology, the elegant Cuisinart Multi-clad pro stainless steel 12-piece set stands out as one of the top stainless cookware. The set is composed of a 1.5 and 3-quart saucepan, a 3.5-quart covered sauté pan, an 8-quart covered stockpot with a lid, an 8″ open skillet, a 10″ open skillet and finally a 7″ steamer insert which has a lid.
- It is constructed with a 3-ply metal design with an aluminium core which works great to retain heat and conduct/distribute heat evenly and this means that you don’t get hot spots on your meals
- The pots and pans have an exterior made of 18/10 stainless steel with a nice finish and which can be used over a variety of stovetops like electric, gas, infrared and ceramics. It also has a beautiful polished interior which is non-reactive and quickly releases food.
- The cookware has tapered rims that are good for drip-free pouring.
- The cookware is large which is suitable and fitting for a large family
- This set is are dishwasher safe.
- The pans, pots and lids can be cleaned easily.
Needs a little polishing and a little maintenance to stay shiny
T-Fal is one of the top brands that has been in the cookware business for quite some time. It offers a broad variety of products and what sets them apart from other brands is that they use a one of a kind nonstick technology that lasts for a long time with little or no maintenance. T-fal also happens to offer large pots and pans which are great for parties.
Here is the set that we recommend for you
This ultimate set comes with all the essentials you would need when cooking. It includes 2 fry pans(7.75 and 11 inches), 2 saucepans with lids (1 and 2-quart), and a 5.5-quart covered oven which has a lid, a ladle, spoon, a slotted spatula and a griddle.
- It has a copper bottom with multiple layers which really help in evening out heat and hence better conduction.
- The pots and pans have silicone handles which do not burn your hands when cooking.
- Have a nifty thermo-spot heat indicator integrated in them which indicates when high temperatures are reached.
- The pans and pots have a magnetic base which is useful when using induction stove tops
- Has a thick aluminium core which prevents warping
- The lids, pots and pans are dishwasher safe
- They have ergonomic silicon handles that are comfortable to the hands
- The sets have a lifetime limited warranty
- They probably have the best non-stick pans and pots
- The copper base may start peeling off after sometime.
- The heat indicators sometimes only show when at very high temperatures.
Calphalon is a company that is known for its wide variety of cookware and cutlery. You can rely on their products not to disappoint as it has been around for a very long time and has continually provided high-quality products. You can find alot about them in their on their Facebook, Instagram and YouTube accounts
This is the amazing stainless-steel cookware set that we recommend and comes with 2 frypans(an 8-inch and a 10-inch one), 2 sauce pans with covers, a sauté pan and stockpot, both with covers. Here are some of its features.
- They are made up of a collection of premium metals that are resistant to corrosion and rust and which have a strong visual appeal.
- They have measurements lines etched on their side convenient for measuring contents
- Have a strong aluminium base which helps to even out the heat
- They have pouring spouts which eliminate spillage when draining out liquids.
- The pans and pots are easy to clean
- It has a ten-year warranty
- The pots are oven and dishwasher safe
- They have a relatively thin bottom.
- You require the proper cleaning product to clean the cookware and keep it shiny
This is an amazing and simple set which is great especially, if you are a beginner. The price is right and has almost all the features you would need in cookware
- The pots and pans are induction compatible which means you can use them on gas, electric, ceramic or glass stoves.
- Has an aluminium layer at the bottom which is great for heat distribution and evening out.
- Is a cheap set compared to other stainless-steel cookware sets
- They are easy to maintain and clean
- They have light glass lids which are great especially for the students or the elderly.
- They are small in size when compared to other stainless cookware sets
- They have relatively thin bottoms than other sets
- Handles might burn your hands if you are using the sets at very high temperatures.
Given the numerous brands in the market, it can be quite daunting when it comes to choosing the best stainless-steel cookware. However, there are a few factors that you should consider in order to get the best brand.
You should consider what the base is made of. Aluminium and copper bases are the best when it comes to heat transfer and conductivity. This means your meals will cook alot faster with cookware with this base. A thing also to consider is how easy it will be to clean and maintain the stainless-cookware set. The pricing and appearance of the cookware should also play some role when it comes to choosing the best cookware set.
Finding yourself the best stainless-steel cooker doesn’t need to be hard, especially with the information provided in this article and with the existence of numerous customer reviews out there. When you finally make your choice take care of the set by cleaning and maintaining it well and regularly. We hope you found this article helpful. All the best